Monday, January 23, 2017

Re: backspace acting as Delete ?

Den torsdag den 23. august 2007 kl. 10.27.29 UTC+2 skrev Tony Mechelynck:
> Yakov wrote:
> > On one of my boxes, Backspace started to act as Delete. How do I fix
> > this ?
> > This is console vim.
> > Yakov
>
> see ":help :fixdel"
>
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --
> "The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and
> vinyl."
> -- Dave Barry

Hi Tony and the rest of you all
I hope you all are doing fine.

I have a problem almost like Yakov had but with gvim; with console vim it works fine. Its my delete key that is acting like the backspace. And hitting the backspace key is just printing out ^H when my home-made C program asks the user for some input in a new terminal window inside gvim. But my problem still insists even after trying the advices that ":help :fixdel" described.
Am I doing something wrong? Shouldnt the ":help :fixdel"-advices correct my problem? I hope you can give me some advice for what I should do.

Bye and take care...
Gaudencio

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: