Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Re: new err msg in vim 8 re: setting history size

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 06:31:44PM -0800, h_east wrote:
> Hi Walsh,
>
> 2017-1-11(Wed) 8:28:43 UTC+9 L A Walsh:
> > Gary Johnson wrote:
> > > :help 'history'
> > >
> > ---
> > That's what I used to get the alternate syntax.
> >
> > > says, "The maximum value is 10000."
> > >
> > ---
> > I guess it was significantly decreased in 8.x (not that I need
> > it so high, just wanted to unlimit it and possible take care
> > of it differently as I do my bash-history).
> >
>
> It seems that you are referring to an old document. (At least before
> 7.4.335) The change of the maximum value of 'history' was done in
> 7.4.336 (Jun 25 2014 !!).

I had to make the same modification when I started using vim 8.

The change may be old, but I was using the vim from Ubuntu 14.04 LTS'
repository, which is still 7.4.052. So it "feels" like a change that
happened for 8.0 :)

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: