Sunday, January 22, 2017

Re: How to do block pasting?

A quick note:

I find P more useful than p because of columns' typical left-alignment and my desire to not mangle the tailend of my paste destination.

Also, 1v is very useful when dealing with blocks (:he visual-start), especially when transposing blocks / overwriting blocks.



On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 1:21:44 AM UTC-8, hiwa wrote:
> On my gvim screen, there are two sections on a same column:
>
> abc
> def
> ghi
>
> rst
> uvw
> xyz
>
> and I'd like to have two different columns aligned on same lines, like this:
>
> abc rst
> def uvw
> ghi xyz
>
> Yes, I think I have read all of the related docs available on the net, but they can't help. So I'm going to rely on the old friends here. TIA.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: