Monday, January 16, 2017

Vim 8 command line history not working

Hi

PCLinuxOS has just upgraded Vim to version 8.0.163 but since then the command
line history doesn't work for me. The problem is that any command listed by q/
and selected for action just returns me to the file being edited.

I've tried to find out if any of the plugins I use are responsible by starting
Vim with -u NONE but that hasn't helped because the command line history
normally accessed by q/ showed it was empty.

Two more attempts at finding the cause also failed:

1) I moved the entire .vim directory to another name hoping that the problem
might be caused by one of the plugins I use. This didn't make any difference to the problem. I checked that none of the plugins we listed in :scriptnames
and they weren't.

2) Then I tried changing the name of the .vimrc file to 'newvim' to no
avail - the problem is still there. Again I checked :scriptnames and nothing
showed except the standard scripts in /etc/vim and /usr/share/vim.

I put a request on the PCLinuxOS forum to see if anyone else has had the
problem but so far there's been no response to my post, although I'm sure I
can't be the only Vim user on the forum.

Has any one else had this experience and is there a cure or a better way to
find the cause of the problem?

Cheers

G

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: