Thursday, January 26, 2017

viminfo file location for Vim 8

I use the following line in my vimrc (Windows):

    set viminfo=\"50,'500,:500,/500,h,f1,rA:,r$TEMP:,r$TMP:,r$TMPDIR:!,n$VIM/_viminfo


For Vim 5,6,7 this works as expected and the _viminfo file is created in my $VIM root directory.

When I upgraded to Vim 8, now the _viminfo is being created in whatever directory I launched Vim from.  I have been through the docs and do not see what might be causing it.

The text for the viminfo options for the "n" parameter appears to be unchanged between Vim 7 and Vim 8:

Other options you might want to use:
n name used for the viminfo file (must be the last option)

I have also tried shortening my set viminfo line and playing around.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
David

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: