Thursday, December 7, 2017

Finding the recovered swap name

If I try to recover a file using the :recover command and there is
more than one swap file for that file, Vim presents a list of "Swap
files found" and asks me to "Enter number of swap file to use".
Vim then suggests that I "may want to delete the .swp file now." To
do that, I have to write down or remember which swap file I chose so
that I can delete the right one when I've verified the recovered
file's contents.

Is there some way to have Vim tell me which swap file it used to
recover the current file?

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: