Thursday, December 7, 2017

What is the fastest way to detect modifications to any listed buffer?

I would like an indicator in my 'titlestring' that informs me if ANY changes are present in ANY listed buffer. This would be more like a global indicator for the 'modified' setting. What is the most efficient way to do this?

Currently, I've taken the naive approach:

function! g:ChangesExist()
let l:bufferList = filter(range(1, bufnr('$')), 'buflisted(v:val)')

for l:bufferNumber in l:bufferList

if getbufvar(l:bufferNumber, '&modified')
return 1
endif
endfor

return 0
endfunction


This seems like the most direct method, but I'm wondering if there's some simple option or function call that I'm missing...

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: