Friday, December 8, 2017

Re: Finding the recovered swap name

On Do, 07 Dez 2017, Gary Johnson wrote:

> If I try to recover a file using the :recover command and there is
> more than one swap file for that file, Vim presents a list of "Swap
> files found" and asks me to "Enter number of swap file to use".
> Vim then suggests that I "may want to delete the .swp file now." To
> do that, I have to write down or remember which swap file I chose so
> that I can delete the right one when I've verified the recovered
> file's contents.
>
> Is there some way to have Vim tell me which swap file it used to
> recover the current file?

No and even worse, even if one does :au SwapExists :let
b:swapname=v:swapname it looks like it will always contain the first
swapfile found, not the one actually selected.

Christian
--
Wir leben in einem gefährlichen Zeitalter. Der Mensch beherrscht die
Natur, bevor er gelernt hat, sich selbst zu beherrschen.
-- Albert Schweitzer

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: