Sunday, January 28, 2018

finding best available key combinations for mappings, small erros in :h index (?), command to know system/default mappings

Dear Vim-ers,

(tackling issue in normal mode first)

Looking for best key combinations,
reading :h index,
I found that these g and z are available:

" zp zq zu zy z(B I J K P Q S T U Y Z) z(any punctuation except: +-=.^,
" e.g. ,/;'[]\`)
" Z(any not Z or Q)
"
" g(2-7,9) g(A,B,C,G,K,L,M,O,S,X,Z,Y,W) g(b,c,l,y,w)
" not g(~,@,_,^,],?,;,<,,,,+,*,',`,$,#), e.g. g(.,/,:,",[,\,=)

Is there any command or function I can use to know what
are the default key mapping that my Vim system is using?
I get that :map shows me the user-defined mappings.
But the only way I have to know what gt does in normal mode
is looking for it in manual pages, which I find fragile.

In finding the mest key combinations available, one has to gather information
from the :h files and :map command, and think about the numerous issues,
or do you know of a simpler solution?
(I get that Alt is not used and <C-\> is reserved in all modes, these are all issued to consider, right? And there are many others.)

BTW. I found these small potential mistakes in the g commands:
" (gF is with lowecases, gm after gn, g<punctuations> are scattered)

Best,
R.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: