Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Re: Vim Android App with encrptioin support

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 2:08:42 PM UTC-8, Eli the Bearded wrote:
> Jeffery Small wrote:
> > I have an android phone. I want to be able to view some
> > blowfish2-encrypted files that I have placed on the phone. Does anyone
> > know of a vim app that supports decryption? I have the "Vim Touch" app
> > installed, but it complains that the content is "too big" when trying to
> > access the encrypted file. Any other options?
>
> I use the vim compiled for Termux, and it supports blowfish[*]. I can't say
> if it will open your file, since "too big" doesn't sound like a blowfish
> encryption error.
>
> [*] cm=blowfish2
>
> Anyway, Termux gives you a Linux shell, and then you can just "apt-get
> vim". (You could probably even build vim on your device with Termux; I
> have built trn on my phone.)
>
> 8.0.1350, ":version" says "Huge version without GUI." I use "Hacker's
> Keyboard" in order to have a better typing experience.
>
> Elijah

Thanks Elijah. I actually have Termux installed but haven't worked with it much yet. I'll give your suggestion a go!

Much appreciated!

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: