Thursday, January 18, 2018

Keystroke command

Hi all,

My question is a little hard to explain.
I know how to use :map to imitate keystrokes.
But I don't want to use :map every time.
Is there anyway to use : command to imitate keystrokes without :map?
For example gUw is the keystrokes to change the current word to uppercase.
Can I put gUw into the command like...

:%s/^foobar/gUw/g
to change any foobar at the beginning of the line to FOOBAR?
(I know this is a wrong example, I'm trying my hard time to explain. ;-p )

Thank you,

--
Gua Chung Lim

To live is to love.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: