Saturday, March 17, 2018

Windows Subsystem for Linux and gvim

Hi,

I'm running Ubuntu on my PC via the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)
and of course it only comes with vim (not gvim). However, I've also
installed gvim80. I can launch gvim from within the WSL Bash window
but it doesn't see my WSL files.

Web searches state it's not a good idea to try to access WSL files
from Windows proper. I just thought I'd ask this community if anyone
has come up with a good solution to use gvim from within WSL.

Thanks,

--
Mun

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: