Saturday, November 23, 2019

How to use "tail -f" in Vim's 8.1 :terminal command window?

Hi,
I installed Vim 8.1 on Ubuntu 16.04 using PPA.

1. Now I am editing myfile.txt file in vim.
2. I opened new terminal windows inside vim
with command: :terminal

3. New terminal opens. I typed in:
tail -f myfile.txt
4. I moved back to ordinary Vim window:
Ctrl+w
5. I type in some text and save with :w

PROBLEM: I expect terminal windows refreshes
because of tail -f command, but actually
nothing really happens in :terminal window.

If this is working this would be super-powerful
feature using vim and ssh.

Any idea?

Thanks

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/d42999ee-a94b-46a7-80e4-5f7ccf60c51a%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: