Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Re: Highlighting parenthesized blocks

I just found a pandoc.vim syntax file at github that appears to does the job… only had to do a ':set cole=0' to get rid of the fancy 'conceal' gimmickry and it seems to highlight inline foonotes reliably.

Sorry fo the noise.

CJ

On Monday, November 11, 2019 at 7:20:16 PM UTC-5, Chris Jones wrote:
I would need to highlight blocks of text delimited by opening/closing parentheses of any given type (regular, square, curly, squiggly, etc.).

For instance:

'… this is some text (here is a parenthesized block) that I would like to stand out.'

then a few lines down:

'… more text an here again (I have another parenthesized block) that I also want highlighted.

This one is simple enough… after I ':set hls' and search via '/(.*)' the parenthesized text is matched by the regex and highlighted as specified by the color scheme.

It gets a little less obvious when some of the parenthesized blocks may span more than a single lines.

Is there any way this can be done via vim regular expressions?

N.B. I know about the matching paren thingy but that is not what I want — I want the whole 'opening paren+text+closing paren' to stand out.

The context is that I have some rather large markdown files to inspect with numerous inline footnotes whose syntax is:

'^[ footnote ]'

and I am looking for a reliable way to make such footnotes stand out so I can (1) spot them at a glance and (2) easily check that they are syntaxically AOK.

To keep it simple I am not concerned about the possiblity of having square bracketed text within the footnotes.

Thanks,

CJ

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/f87820bc-2b2f-4227-8d4e-c331276873e4%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: