Monday, October 26, 2020

Re: ANN: New colorscheme generator (and colorscheme)

On 10/20 07:59, Felipe Contreras wrote:
Hi Felipe,

only a few minutes after I saw your posting, I installed
your color generator.
Great! :)

As I am using vim only (no gvim...I am addicted to terminal stuff) I
want to disable all italic/slanted character back to their "normal"
representation.

For that I tried to remove the "i" (as in "italic" I thought) and
restarted vim...which show no differences.

Did I understand it correctly, that the generator is triggered
automagically?

What did I wrong?

Cheers!
mcc



> Hello,
>
> I have maintained my own colorscheme for about ten years, but when I
> decided to revamp it I thought of using a generator based on a
> template. The closest to my needs was estilo[1], but too gratuitously
> complicated in my view.
>
> Therefore I decided to create my own:
>
> https://github.com/felipec/vim-felipec
>
> The template is a straightforward YAML file:
> ----------------------------------------
> information:
> name: hello
> background: dark
> author: Me
>
> palette:
> fg: '#fff'
> bg: '#000'
>
> highlights:
> Normal: 'fg bg'
> ----------------------------------------
>
> It's easy to add new colors to the palette, and use them in the
> highlights. The generator automatically finds the closest Xterm 256
> color and adds the corresponding cterm values.
>
> In addition it supports HSL, so it's easy to rotate the hue and create
> new colors with the same saturation and luminance.
>
> For example for six basic luminance colors:
> ----------------------------------------
> palette:
> red: [0, 100, 75]
> yellow: [60, 100, 75]
> green: [120, 100, 75]
> cyan: [180, 100, 75]
> blue: [240, 100, 75]
> magenta: [300, 100, 75]
> ----------------------------------------
>
> I'm really happy with the result, which you can see in version 2 of my
> colorscheme: felipec.
>
> Cheers.
>
> [1] https://github.com/jacoborus/estilo
>
> --
> Felipe Contreras
>
> --
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CAMP44s3bQxVtQqn9RWT-PgkS-BpFwC%3Dndxtr%2BfR6J5zy02MOpA%40mail.gmail.com.
>

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20201026090607.tknhqwfszqci3jxm%40solfire.

No comments: