Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Re: Disable automatic indentation of a block that starts with number+period after issuing gw-type commands

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 03:51:57PM EDT, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2020-10-26, Chris Jones wrote:
>
> It looks like you have the 'n' flag in 'formatoptions' set. Try
> executing this,
>
> :set fo-=n
>
> and reformatting that paragraph. If that's it, you can find the
> last place where 'formatoptions' was set with
>
> :verbose set fo?
>
> Hopefully, that will be the place where 'n' was added and you can
> fix it. Also see
>
> :help 'fo'
> :help fo-table
>
> I usually have 'n' included in my 'formatoptions', so I run into
> this problem occasionally. When I do, I shift the second line left
> (<<), then reformat the rest of the paragraph (gq}).

Removing the 'n' from that fo collection did the trick!

With the file I'm currently cleaning up this was driving me insane.

The place where it was set...? you guessed right... my own ~/.vimrc...!

Cleaning up that mess is about 20 years overdue...

Thanks,

CJ

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20201027202041.GB5998%40turki.local.

No comments: