Sunday, October 11, 2020

Re: Use :bdel to close directory listing?

Richard Mitchell wrote:
>
>
> On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 5:40:00 AM UTC-4, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 11:29 AM Tony Mechelynck
> <antoine....@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> >
> > P.S. I can get (from Belgium) to Dr. Chip's site with no problem
> but
> > downforeveryoneorjustme.com <http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com>
> cannot.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tony.
>
> P.P.S. I tried to Cc Dr. Chip on the above message but I got a
> bounce:
> "drchip wasn't found at campbellfamily.biz
> <http://campbellfamily.biz>"
>
> That message was headed "Office365" and its From: line was
> postm...@ekghgbhkzak1qwzjttzjlplcfcx.onmicrosoft.com <javascript:>
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
>
>
> I am intrigued DrChip.org failed for your test site.  It worked for "me".
>
> I wonder if the dns server i'm using had a long TTL.  Currently I show:
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> drchip.org.14374INA67.23.226.159
>
> so, I have 14374 seconds to go before it updates again.
> However, as Chip as already weighed in, if he had recently changed
> anything, he certainly would have said so and he didn't.
>
> I want to make it clear I never doubted Dominque was having a real issue
> and was hoping the IP address would give him a work around and something
> to check against his own query.
>
> campbellfamily.biz.3600INA66.96.149.21
>
> uses a different registrar and name servers.  doesn't mean anything,
> just an observation.
>
Some random thoughts in no particular order:

My email now is: NcampObell@SdrPchip.AorgM-NOSPAM (ie. remove the NOSPAM
from the address).

It used to be drchip@campbellfamily.biz, though. I updated all the
syntax files I support with it but then I updated syntax/vim.vim, and my
script for the auto-generated portion hadn't been updated and I'm afraid
I didn't notice and so syntax/vim.vim got left with a stale address. 
I've fixed that just this past week.

I myself didn't know that the www. in www.drchip.org was optional. I
doubt that I can train my fingers to skip typing the www. .

14374 seconds -- well, that's only four hours!  What's the rush? :)

I just tried Tony's suggestion:https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
and it worked, both with www.drchip.org and with drchip.org.

Dominique -- did using the ip address directly help?  What did
traceroute show? Does nslookup get the ip address?

Regards,
Chip Campbell

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/8576fcb3-39bd-aa32-62df-704b2b58c59f%40drchip.org.

No comments: