Friday, November 27, 2020

Re: help with map(), please!

Salman Halim wrote:
> Dr. Chip,
>
> I may be trivializing what's happening, but have you considered using
> \_s instead of just \s?
>
> Or passing it to another map that calls trim before?
>
> Something like split -> mapWithTrim -> yourOriginalMap
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious because someone with your
> experience wouldn't ask a question if it were this simple. Also, I'm
> using my mobile phone right now so I can't actually type the full syntax.
>
> I would've used a join instead of the last map and just wrap the
> result in a <> pair.
Actually, a join is in use .. but it needed several processing steps.
Thank you! I don't think I've ever used (or noticed) trim() before.
Still plenty to learn, and trim did the trick. Still, I think an example
using substitute with map would be a Good Idea. I did finally get it to
work, but then your note about trim() appeared, and I switched to using
that.

Regards,
Chip Campbell

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/67a72d06-cc3a-9069-a928-0daf32cfa247%40drchip.org.

No comments: