Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Re: win10: another clash w/ JPSoft's tcc

For Windows 10 it's not feasible for me to change my terminal software.

And yes, the characters on screen do change as the cursor gets moved.  But they are not in sync.  For example, the cursor is on the left hand edge, and the characters that change are on the middle of that line.




On 9/20/22 02:01, Steve Martin wrote:
Any way to share a screenshot? Do the characters on the screen change as the cursor gets moved? I found that problem sometime back with Vim 8. However, that was resolved by changing the terminal software I was using.

On Monday, September 19, 2022 at 6:28:32 PM UTC-6 rob wrote:
A few years ago I reported a clash between vim 9.0.412 in non-gui mode
on Win10, with tcc by JPSoft.

The screen would become distorted in the editor, and upon exiting from
tcc the screen is distorted.

The problem now looks just like what I reported back then.

It happened to an earlier release of vim 9, so I upgraded vim and I'm
getting the same distortion of the characters on the screen.

It primarily happens when git calls vim within tcc.   I have git
2.37.2.windows.2

--rob solomon


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/7ac7c1b1-8115-4c5b-a158-8504c86180a7n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: