Friday, April 14, 2023

Re: Quick Vim question

On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 03:48:35PM -0400, 'Susan McElheny' via vim_use wrote:
> I've used the Vi editor on Unix for over 30 years and had to recently
> switched my software to Windows so I am now using Vim on my c:drive. I'm
> confused about how to change settings. When I do a search all the items
> are highlighted but there is no indicator for which word in the search I am
> currently on. How do make Vim indicate which search word I'm currently on?

This looks like the colour of your cursor is the same as the
selection/marking of the word that you search.

Changing the colour of the cursor isn't that hard:

* Find out what colorscheme you use. This might be in your .vimrc, but
* can also be found with the `:color` command;

* Open that color-file in ~/.vim/colors/ or alike;

* J to the lines that define the colour of your cursor and change the
* one for selections to a different value. You can use a colour value
* that is used in another setting. Just try something that is completely
* different, e.g. yellow instead of blue;

* Preferrably save the changed color file under a different name. I
* changed `nighted.vim` to `nighted_16b` for that reason. Set that new
* colorscheme as your default. The new name prevents the customized file
* to be overwritten at an update or so in future. (my '16b' has something
* to do with the use of 16 colours in TTY).

Hope this helps you!

KR,

//meine

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/ZDj7xuyNSFR50_x-%40trackstand.

No comments: