Sunday, June 18, 2023

Re: BUG: terminal vim 9.0.1506 x64 window 10

On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 12:27:59 -0400
"'Susan McElheny' via vim_use" <vim_use@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> I have used VI on Unix for over 30 years and now have to use it in Windows
> where it works much differently. If I open gVim 9.0 in a GUI session, how
> do I open another file without having to go to the top with my mouse and
> select File, Open? At the command level I can just :vi "filename", but
> I've been having issues working with VI at the command level - maybe be
> because it didn't like that I made the window larger as people have just
> mentioned.

Confusing post on two angles:
1. What has opening file got to do with this thread which is about
console corruption in Windows?
2. Where did you find the command ":vi"? I'm guessing it was
available in Vi (not Vim) 30 years ago, but that seems unlikely.

--
Enan

P.S. Upon closer reading, I see that you thought increasing window size
might have had something to do with it, so that explains posting on this
thread. I can say that in Windows GVim, resizing the window shouldn't
cause any problem, specially not problems like removing ex commands.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20230618213556.00005ecf%40gmail.com.

No comments: