Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Re: Not necessarily a "question" - but need help nonetheless

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:53:08AM EST, Jon Trelfa wrote:

> I'm definitely in the "newbie" stage of learning VIM - so bear with me
> on my request...
>
> As of right now, this is how I "launch" gvim on my Ubuntu PC and start
> working:
>
> 1. Super+T (keyboard shortcut I mapped to start the program)

Maybe you can tell gnome, the ubuntu default desktop, that you want an
instance of gvim to be started on a given desktop when you log in.

> 2. Alt+F10 - maximize the window

I would imagine your window manager should let you specify that you want
gvim to start maximized and save you the effort.

> 3. :nto - shortcut to open NERDTree to my ~/public_html directory

> 4. Ctrl+D and/or other movement keys to get to the directory of the
> project I want to open

> 5. C (capital C) to make my project directory the 'base' directory
> for NERDTree

> 6. variousl movement/NERDTree commands to open the files I want
> into the buffers

> 7. :tnt - shortcut to toggle the NERDTree

You could take a look at :mksession

For example project1 -> :mksession ~/.vim/sessions/p1.vim, project ->
:mksession ~/.sessions/p2.vim.. etc. and,

:so ~/.vim sessions/p1.vim
:so ~/.vim sessions/p2.vim
...

..depending on which project you are going to work on.

Naturally, you could map function keys or other keyboard actions to
bring up each session.

Or just one session, with one or several tabs corresponding to each
project.

I don't use NERDTree, so I can't promise it plays well with vim
sessions.

[..]

CJ

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: