Thursday, March 31, 2011

GVim and GTK: hide some file patterns in the file dialog boxes

Hi,

I thought I could settle this using only ".gtkrc" but it doesn't seem
to offer such a functionality.

I use Vim to develop in Python and when I open a file, the GTK dialog
box shows both .py and .pyc files. And since I sort files by reversed
last modification date, the .pyc files come first.

There are other extensions, typically compiled files (in a broad
sense), that I would like to hide.

There is a "browsefilter" but it only works on Windows and Motif.

How would you hide some file patterns from the GTK dialog boxes?

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: