Thursday, December 6, 2012

E490: no fold found

I'm using MacVim Snapshot 65 (Vim 7.3.646) on Snow Leopard.

I wanted syntax highlighting and especially folding for markdown files by headings (#, ##, etc.). So I installed pathogen. After this I ran:

curl -Sso ~/.vim/bundle/vim-markdown/ https://github.com/tpope/vim-markdown.git

After adjusting my .vimrc according to the instructions it now looks like this:

call pathogen#infect()
syntax on
filetype plugin indent on

colo zenburn
set encoding=utf8
set fileformat=unix
set fileformats=unix
set fileencoding=utf8
set nu
set guioptions=

This worked fine and I got syntax highlighting working. Since I'm using .markdown as file extension that was expected. What I didn't expect, was Vim telling me "E490: no fold found" when opening one of my markdown files and pressing zc to close a fold.

I don't have the slightest clue as to what would be causing this error.

Greetings

Bernhard

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: