Friday, December 7, 2012

Re: Full screen writing, a la Omm Writer in vim

> I really dig the full screen writing and sound features of Omm
> Writer, and I was wondering if there was any way to customize vim
> to do a similar thing. Would this be possible with a vimscript? I
> don't know much about scripting vim, but I would like to learn
> more, especially if I could get all the great vim keyboard
> control in a zen environment.

You might have to detail what features you like/want for those of us
not familiar with OmmWriter, and perhaps which platform you want it
on (Win32, Mac, *nix). I do frequently run vim full-screen. On
Linux, my window-manager (fluxbox) has options for turning off all
window chrome, so my maximized console can occupy the *whole* screen
(I have rxvt/xterms windows default to chromeless). Or if you're
running gvim, you can turn off Vim-specific chrome like the
menubar/toolbar/scrollbar to mimic the "you can't see anything on
the screen except Vim" aspect.

-tim




--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: