Monday, December 3, 2012

Re: how to execute ranger from gvim

On 12/03/2012 12:56 PM, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2012-12-03, ping wrote:
>
>> On 08/09/2012 06:02 AM, Sepp Tannhuber wrote:
>>>
>>> I use the following function from the ranger manual:
>>> fun! RangerChooser()
>>> exec "silent !ranger --choosefile=/tmp/chosenfile" . expand("%:p:h")
>>> if filereadable('/tmp/chosenfile')
>>> exec 'edit ' . system('cat /tmp/chosenfile')
>>> call system('rm /tmp/chosenfile')
>>> endif
>>> redraw!
>>> endfun
>>> map ,r :call RangerChooser()<CR>
>
>> what's the problem with just :!ranger ?
>
> The function uses Ranger as a file chooser. Vim will edit the file
> you've chosen using Ranger in the current Vim instance. Using just
> :!ranger will let you edit a file chosen using Ranger, but in a new
> Vim instance.
>
> Regards,
> Gary
>
oh I got it now, yes that's great ideal then!

but I just did a quick test of your code on vim (not gvim), I move my
cursor in ranger to a whatever file under my home ,say,
"/home/ping/file1.txt" and hit enter or 'l', I got
following error:
[Error 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/chosenfile/home/ping'
guess I need to strip off "/tmp/chosenfile"?

thanks



--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: