Sunday, September 21, 2014

Indentation problem

Please excuse me for asking this very trivial question, which I'm afraid has already been discussed, but I got confused browsing manuals, wiki and group.

I have a file of notes about books I have studied and I would like to obtain this structure (PN = real page numbers):

PN[TAB]my notes

If the "my notes" field spans over more than one line, I would like the continuation lines to be indented aligned at the TAB position, such as:

32 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod
tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim
veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea.

I tried to play with all the options (tw, ai, ts) but to no success.
I am using TAB and keeping my comments/notes as ONE line, even if displayed as continuation, because in this way I can easily parse the files to extract information, having an unambiguous and simple pattern to deal with. So in this example the NewLine should be placed only after the final words (/ex ea/).

Many thanks for your kind help!
guido m. (Italy)

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: