Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Re: Some abbreviations work only as imaps

Am 2014-09-24 08:49, schrieb Gevisz:
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 07:55:33 +0200
> Christian Brabandt <cblists@256bit.org> wrote:
>
>> Am 2014-09-24 07:13, schrieb Gevisz:
>> > I have noticed that some abbreviations I define never
>> > expand but they do if I redefine them via imaps.
>> >
>> > Does anybody can guess a possible reason for that?
>>
>> Have you checked, that the constraints given below (:h Abbreviations,
>> look for the paragraph: "There are three types of abbreviations:")
>> do apply? Abbreviations actually might become invalid, if you mess
>> with the 'iskeyword' setting later on (after they have been defined).
>
> That explanation is unclear for me because I cannot understand which
> symbols iskeyword in my settings. The command
> :set iskeywords
> returns
> iskeyword=!-~,^*,^|,^",192-255
> in my case.

Yeah, it is hard to read that part. What I usually do is, paste the
abbreviation command
into a new buffer and check with searching for \k to see which part of
the abbreviation
matches the 'iskeyword' setting. This helps understanding which of the 3
different types of
abbreviations are used for that particular one.

Let me ask the question differently. Does your problem happen with a
particular abbreviation
or does it happen with all abbreviations? Are there any circumstances
different between a
working abbreviation and a not working abbreviation? Have you tried,
testing with
vim -u NONE -N (to eliminate the effect of any plugins)?

You might also want to use :verbose set isk?
to see, if Vim knows, when and where that setting has been changed the
last time (for example
a plugin).

> But I guess that my abbreviations should not mix with anything else as
> they consist only from cyrillic letters.
>
> I used to set
> langmap=ФИСВУАПРШОЛДЬТЩЗЙКЫЕГМЦЧНЯ;ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ,фисвуапршолдьтщзйкыегмцчня;abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
> but nothing changed (to the better :) when I commented it out.

I am not sure, if the 'langmap' option has an influence at all.


Best,
Christian

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: