Sunday, October 5, 2014

Cannot make snippet plugin working...

I have downloaded the snippet plugin from
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=361
and have done all the steps described there to
install it but, unfortunately, it does not work.

My first thought was that a plugin should be somehow
loaded into Vim but Vim documentation says that

"Vim's functionality can be extended by adding plugins.
A plugin is nothing more than a Vim script file that
is loaded automatically when Vim starts. You can add
a plugin very easily by dropping it in your plugin
directory. {not available when Vim was compiled
without the +eval feature}"

So, it seems that no load command is needed.

I have also tried to load all the plugins by
:runtime! plugin/**/*.vim
command as described in Vim documentation but it says:
Error detected while processing ~/.vim/plugin/snippet.vim:
line 28:
E15: Invalid expression: exists("loaded_snippets")
line 231:
E171: missing :endif

Does it means that something is wrong with the plugin itself?

How can I make it working?

P.S. I guess that the first question to me will be:
"Was your vim compiled with the +eval feature?"

So far I do not know it for sure but guess that
the answer is "Yes".

I have posted the question about the eval feature
on my distribution mailing list and should get an
exact answer in about 24 hours or so.

The reason why I think that the answer is "yes"
is because they usually do not mess with the
upstream setup. Moreover, I looked through the
compilation use flags and found out that the
"minimal" one (that disables plugins, fonts,
most drivers and non-critical features) was
disabled.

P.P.S. I am currently using Vim-7.4.273.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: