Saturday, June 13, 2015

Re: Is there any way to override scripts that load after .vimrc?

jshock wrote:
> My .vimrc file sets my textwidth=0, but it is being overridden by a plugin
> (/root/share/vim/vim72/ftplugin/vim.vim) that loads after my .vimrc and sets
> textwidht=72. I only have a user account on the server, so I don't have much
> control over the Vim or the plugins. Is there anything I can do in my .vimrc
> that essentially says "ignore any textwidths that load after this"?
>
Put
setl tw=0

in $HOME/.vim/after/ftplugin/vim.vim

The "after" directories are loaded after everything else, so will be the
final override.

Regards,
Chip Campbell

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: