Thursday, March 17, 2016

CursorColumn background color replaces Search

Hi everyone,


The other day I opened https://github.com/vim/vim/issues/683 describing
the problem.

The issue was closed as a configuration issue since it could no longer
be reproduced with the solarized colorscheme.

Since then I've been trying to adjust my local theme to fix the issue
and make both CursorLine and CursorColumn behave the same. However I've
only achieved partial success.

In gvim I've managed to get close but not quite. I currently have:

hi Search gui=reverse guifg=YellowGreen guibg=Yellow
hi CursorColumn gui=none guibg=Grey20
hi CursorLine gui=none guibg=Grey20


To generate a colorscheme compatible with terminal colors (for vim), I
use CSApprox. I tried adjusting the colorscheme and even removing
CSApprox from the equation but I couldn't fix it. When on the terminal
CursorColumn settings always cause the Search background color to be
replaced.

So at this point I'm rather stuck.
Could perhaps someone with a little more experience in colorschemes
point me in the right direction? Or otherwise confirm that there is
indeed a problem in the terminal version of vim?

Thanks,
Renato

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: