Thursday, March 17, 2016

Re: Errors when launching Vim inside tmux

On 2016-03-17 11:42:08 +0000, Csaba Hoch said:


I have installed now Vim 7.4 1-1525 with brew, and it starts fine without an error message:


    :version

    VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Mar 17 2016 12:35:54)

    MacOS X (unix) version

    Included patches: 1-1525

    Compiled by Homebrew


Sorry, I haven't explained myself clearly enough: the messages are logged in the Console (or

in /var/log/system.log if you prefer). Keep Console.app open and start Vim within tmux.


My tmux version is 2.1, also installed with brew.


Generally I use MacVim 7.4 1-1147 (which you can also use from the command line). Maybe this won't happen in MacVim (I'm not sure about the differences between MacVim and the Vim installed by brew): http://macvim-dev.github.io/macvim/


I have just tried to launch mvim from a tmux session: it does log the same errors. And, for

the sake of completeness, I have also tried NeoVim, which does not produce any errors.

My MacVim is v7.4 1-1202.


Also, I use reattach-to-user-namespace in my tmux.conf to fix clipboard issues: https://github.com/ChrisJohnsen/tmux-MacOSX-pasteboard (Again, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with your problem.)


OT, but I don't think reattach-to-user-namespace is needed any longer (see the note in URL

you've pasted). I am not using it.


Nicola

No comments: