Thursday, March 17, 2016

Re: Errors when launching Vim inside tmux

On 2016-03-17 15:03:55 +0000, Csaba Hoch said:
>
>> Also, I use reattach-to-user-namespace in my tmux.conf to fix clipboard
>> issues: https://github.com/ChrisJohnsen/tmux-MacOSX-pasteboard (Again, I'm
>> not sure if that has anything to do with your problem.)
>>
>> OT, but I don't think reattach-to-user-namespace is needed any longer (see
>> the note in URL you've pasted). I am not using it.
>
> Yes and no. You are right that it is no longer needed for Vim. It is
> still needed for an unrelated program called terminal-notifier to
> work; actually that's the reason I have it now. I added the info
> anyway as something that has a quite slim chance of helping.

I've talked too soon. You nailed it! I have configured tmux to use
reattach-to-user-namespace and the errors have gone.

Do you think that the problem might be addressed in Vim (I guess so, since
NeoVim does not have it), or should it be reported to tmux's maintainer?
I have no idea what reattach-to-user-namespace does to fix those messages.

Nicola


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: