Friday, May 6, 2016

Re: Understanding job_start()

On 2016-05-06 17:19:58 +0000, Nicola said:

> Some time ago I had defined a thin wrapper around job_start() to run a LaTeX
> job asynchronously. Recently, it has stopped working. For some reason, with Vim
> 7.4.1817, when I give the following command:
>
> call job_start(['lualatex', 'foo.tex'])
>
> the job is not started any longer (or, if it is, it dies immediately).
> Suspecting some problem with I/O redirection, I have tried to set "out_io" and
> "err_io". If I use:
>
> call job_start(['lualatex', 'foo.tex'],
> \ {"out_io": "null", "err_io": "null"})
>
> the job is started, but the screen gets garbled with the output from lualatex,
> and I need to :redraw! the screen.

To be clear, the above also happens if I close "in_io", too, as
explained in the
manual. And I've tried to add redirection in the command, too:

call job_start(['lualatex', 'foo.tex', '>/dev/null', '2>&1'],
\ {"in_io": "null", "out_io": "null", "err_io": "null"})

This still fills the screen with the output from lualatex.

Nicola


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: