Saturday, February 18, 2017

Developing a simple vim script:Program-test-tune-loop?

Hi,

I want a simple vim script to go into my .vimrc.
Nothing fancy...only a piece of code to parse and
extract parts of a system file.

But a recognized that for doing this efficiently
that I dont know a important thing: The workflow!

When developing the script in my .vimrc directly
I had to restart vim every time I changed the script
and will get nasty message if I had screwed up the
script.

The question: What is the recommended workflow to
develop a script (no plugin!) - how to do the
iteration of "program - test - correct" most
efficiently?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance !

Cheers
Meino



--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: