Monday, February 13, 2017

Help with print encoding

Hello everyone,

I am writing to this list because I cannot find a solution to the
following problem. I am trying to print some documents, and a few
characters turn out as upside-down question marks. Even after reading
the manual, I cannot figure out how to fix that.

I am using Vim 8.0.172 under macOS. Vim is compiled with +iconv. These
are the relevant settings in my .vimrc:

set encoding=utf-8
if has('mac')
fun! LFPrintFile(fname)
call system('pstopdf ' . a:fname)
call system('open -a Preview ' . a:fname . '.pdf')
call delete(a:fname)
call delete(a:fname.'.pdf')
return v:shell_error
endf
set printexpr=LFPrintFile(v:fname_in)
endif
set printoptions=syntax:n,number:y
set printfont=:h9

The buffers to be printed are UTF-8 encoded, and printencoding is empty.
As an example, if I print the following text:

Signif. codes: 0 '***' 0.001 '**' 0.01 '*' 0.05 '.' 0.1 ' ' 1

all the quotes (U+2018, U+2019) become upside-down question marks. What
is wrong in my configuration?

Thanks,
Life.



--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: