Monday, February 6, 2017

Re: vim scp and a local swap file

Neil Watson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The other day I was editing a remote file via scp when my client machine
> crashed. Had the file been local there would have been a swap file to recover
> unsaved changes. Is it possible to have local swap file for a remote file?
>
There should be a local swap file; right now I don't have scp available
for me to test, although I plan on getting my laptop and desktop to
start playing together sometime (got to figure my way around the
security firewalls, etc). It might be in /tmp.

Regards,
Chip Campbell

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: