Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Re: Help with print encoding

On 14/02/2017 07:25, Lifepillar wrote:
> On 13/02/2017 18:08, Mike Williams wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have you tried setting printencoding to macroman?
>
> Yes, and the result is the same.

Well it was worth a shot.

>> The reason you see the upside-down question marks is because VIM
>> converts the buffer content from utf-8 to latin1, but the latin1
>> character set does not include the left and right single quotes and VIM
>> will change them to upside-down quotes so they stand out. On Macs there
>> is special code to convert utf-8 to Mac encoding where the left and
>> right quotes exist, so that should work for you. Unfortunately I don't
>> have access to a Mac to confirm this.
>
> I do not know much about print encondings, but... wouldn't it be
> possible to define new print encodings, namely a UTF-8 print encoding?

That would make life easier, but history is against you I'm afraid.

> My current workaround is to use :TOhtml then print the resulting HTML
> from a browser, but I'd like to have a direct way.

That would be nicer. I'll raise it on the vim dev list as I have some
ideas.

TTFN

Mike
--
Every time I know the answers, they change the questions on me.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: