Saturday, March 25, 2017

Is there a way to disable smartcase for command line only?

I have smartcase enabled, which for the most part does the right thing. But in the command line it ends up being not useful. Is there a way I can disable it in command mode only?

USE CASE: Several plugins have commands mapped in CamelCase coupled with a namespacing prefix. My instictual use is to
1) start the command
2) hit tab, which completes the prefix
3) Then type in lowercase the expected completion
With smartcase turned off, this words as expected, but with smart case turned on the lowercase letter no longer triggers the map.

I can cmap something to switch off smart case, but I cannot see an easy (or clean) way to restore smartcase (although now that I'm typing this I suspect I could use autocmd events).

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: