Monday, March 20, 2017

Re: Trouble building Huge Vim8 on CentOS 7

Hi,

See update below ...

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 02:09 PM PDT, Mun E-Lists wrote:
M> Hi,
M>
M> I'm trying to configure vim8 on a fresh CentOS7.3 installation with the
M> following configure command:
M>
M> $ configure --with-features=huge --enable-perlinterp --enable-pythoninterp --enable-gui
M>
M> However, configure doesn't seems to think I have GUI support on the
M> system:
M>
M> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M> Excerpt from vim/src/auto/config.log:
M>
M> checking if X11 header files can be found... no
M> checking --enable-gui argument... no GUI support
M> checking X11/SM/SMlib.h usability... no
M> checking X11/SM/SMlib.h presence... no
M> checking for X11/SM/SMlib.h... no

I tried to find a yum package that provides SMlib.h, but my system said:
"No matches found". Sigh.

Thanks,

--
Mun


M> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M>
M> I have installed the following additional packages:
M>
M> libX11-devel.x86_64
M> gtk3-devel.x86_64
M> libX11-devel.i686
M> gtk3-devel.i686
M>
M> My LD_LIBRARY_PATH is exported as follows:
M> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/lib64:/usr/lib64:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib64:/usr/local/lib
M>
M> I believe that should cover where the libs are being stored. This is the
M> first time I'm attempting to build on CentOS7, so I don't know what I may be
M> missing.
M>
M> Thanks,
M>
M> --
M> Mun

--
Mun

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: