Monday, March 20, 2017

Re: VIM-internal colorscheme creator ?

On 18 March 2017 at 05:49, <tuxic@posteo.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as a vim user I run vim on a chrooted Linux on my Android tablet -
> since no other /editor/ is preinstalled... ;) :) 8)
>
> Since the display of that tablet is the best on earth, I would
> like to tweak the colors of the colorscheme I am using.
>
> Incrementing and decrementing integer values and reloading files
> is not /that/ intuitive and I have searched for a colorscheme
> editor which runs as a vim script inside vim.
>
> The few I found were at least eight years old -- but may be I have
> searched with the wrong keywords (I am no native speaker....).
>
> Is there anything recent and useable for my purpose ?

I don't think it's quite right for what you're asking (as you're
wanting to tweak existing colours), but I wrote a plug-in a few years
ago called EasyColour (http://www.cgtk.co.uk/vim-scripts/easycolour)
that uses an alternative format for a colour scheme. The main
disadvantage is that you can't import an existing colour scheme, but
the advantages are a simple format that's easy to edit and the
self-highlighting scheme (if you change the colour of one of the
highlight groups, the definition of that highlight group is updated to
be the correct colour when you save).

It's a few years old (initially written in 2011), but I haven't had
any need to update it in a while as it seems to do everything it needs
to do...

Al

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: