Thursday, March 23, 2017

Re: Fixate window layout?

2017-03-23 0:02 GMT+01:00 Shawn H Corey <shawnhcorey@gmail.com>:
> Try 'winfixheight' and 'winfixwidth'.
>

And 'winpos' for position.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. With "window" I refer to windows in vim, not the frame of the gui window.

When I execute the following:

e foo
vsplit bar
windo setl winfixheight winfixwidth

I end up with a tabpage with two vertically split windows.

The commands `wincmd c`, `bdelete` will remove the split and I end up with a single vim window. Neither winfixheight nor winfixwidth protected me from this. But I'd rather expect/want the other window to not change at all and the current window be displaying a new empty buffer -- or the previous buffer if any.

I know that there are some vim tips (i personally use vimtip 1078) & code snippets around that can replace `wincmd c` or `bdelete` and won't change the layout but this doesn't keep plugins from changing the layout.

Regards



--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: