Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Re: Trouble building Huge Vim8 on CentOS 7

Mun wrote:
> I tried to find a yum package that provides SMlib.h, but my system said:
> "No matches found". Sigh.
>
----
I found I had to create my own reverse index of packages in my
distro to find files.

basically a:
"rpm -qpl path-to-pkg/pkg.rpm > path-to-rpmlist/pkg.rpm.lst"
for each rpm in my distro (so each rpm file list ends up in a
different file).

It's the only way to find a file that I've found. It's 550Meg
of just rpm-file lists. That said, how to find files in your
distro, isn't really a 'vim question', but a question for
people who know how to find things in your distro.


Dunno if it is helpful, but in suse13.2, it's in libSM-devel.




--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: