Sunday, September 24, 2017

Re: libvterm color palette

On 09/24/2017 11:46 AM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> I suppose the xterm source code must contain the "source of truth".
> I was assuming Leonerd took it from there, but perhaps he didn't.
> Should be easy to fix, but I wonder if Paul will want to take it over.

The last time I went digging for color information in XTerm, I was ...
disappointed. It seems as if XTerm's colors are somewhat fluid and were
never truly set in stone. (At least that's my understanding.)

Perhaps my (limited) research was based on distro's (modified?) versions
of XTerm. - Though I don't recall hard answers from the authors page
either.

I ended up installing Linux in a VM, and matching the colors from
console (not X) output. - I then set them in my .Xdefaults file.

Note: These colors differ from the colors that Microsoft used for cmd.exe.



--
Grant. . . .
unix || die




--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: