Friday, September 8, 2017

Re: Reload in Windows gvim rarely works

On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 10:59:43 AM UTC-6, Ben Fritz wrote:
> I've certainly never seen that before! What version of Vim are you using? Does it happen every time?
>
> Have you tried reproducing without any plugins or customizations? This sounds like it's probably a plugin issue to me, try after launching with "gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE" before editing the file.
>
> Also check to see if you have any FileChangedShell autocmds defined: ":verbose autocmd FileChangedShell".

Hi Ben,
I have been using the vim x64 builds from https://github.com/vim/vim-win32-installer and I am currently on 8.0.1043. It happens probably 70% of the time, however I just tried to manually repro it and I couldn't:( My vimrc is pretty small, I checked for the autocmds above and I have none defined.

It happens on all versions of Windows I use often and as far back as I can remember. I am shocked its not reported more often as it can't possibly be specific to me (happens at home and work and other places I use it at).

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: