Monday, October 16, 2017

stray control characters appear on vim startup

Sometimes when I open a new vim session, unpredictably, various characters appear on the first line, they look like they are terminal control characters but I don't know for sure.

For example:
;2R^[[>0;95;0c

They go away as soon as I type over them or redraw the screen.

This doesn't happen consistently or according to any predictable pattern (at least not that I can discern). It only started relatively recently, and I don't recall that I've updated vim or made any changes to my environment that might have prompted it (I'm using xterm, bash-4.4, vim 8.0).

Does anybody have any idea how I can investigate this?

Thanks in advance!

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: