Friday, October 20, 2017

how to apply a given map, written for a line, to a block of lines?

Hi,

I would only need to know which key words I need to search in google... :)
I have a few remaps (and iremaps) that modify the current line. For
example, to add # at the beginning, and stuff like that.
I would like to know how to re-use those mappings for a block of
lines, not line by line.
I am wondering if there is a way, for example, to apply it to a
visually select block, or similar.

Any clue, or link, where I can educate myself on this topic, would be
appreciated.
As I said, at this point, I don't even know which key to search with :help

Thanks a lot in advance.
Jose

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: