Monday, October 23, 2017

ZWNJ (Zero Width Non-Joiner) in Persian

Hello,

Vim with mlterm is able to process Farsi input except with (some) special characters such as zero width non-joiner which is becoming a concern. I observe:

- if I set keymap to persian-iranian then text entry in Farsi and driving Vim with commands are seamless because there is no need to change keyboard language at OS level for commands. Keyboard language is fix in English. Whenever I start to type for text it automatically changes to Persian. Problem is I don't find a way to insert the famous ZWNJ, coincidentally a much used character in Persian and Arabic.

- if I do not change keymap to Persian, I can achieve similar text entry capability with the benefit that ZWNJ input is as easy as the usual: shift + space. It actually shows the codepoint in blue (<c200>) but viewing from other editor-aware (such as mlterm's cat) it shows all well done. Now the problem is I should change keyboard language to English at OS level every time I escape to drive, that is use Vim's commands for text manipulation, navigation etc. It breaks (or brakes!) Vim's major usability.

I checked mlterm's font options (in configuration) but didn't notice a difference when changing font name etc.

How do I introduce ZWNJ to the first scenario?

ZWNJ reference: https://codepoints.net/U+200C

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: