Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Re: editing textareas in Firefox with vim

Michael Henry wrote:
> Perhaps one last idea for debugging problems with textern; you
> might close Firefox, rename ``~/.mozilla`` out of the way, then
> restart Firefox to generate a new profile, then see if you can
> make textern work.  I recently had to do this myself to solve a
> weird Firefox problem I encountered.  I never knew what
> incorrect setting or corrupted file in my profile may have been
> responsible for the problem, but the new profile fixed it.

Thanks for your debugging ideas. I have a somewhat more advanced way to
do that:

alias newfirefox='firefox -ProfileManager -no-remote'

I create new browser profiles regularly for testing things / clearing
settings. I suspect the issue more likely lies in some other aspect of
my system, although I haven't pinpointed what. My personal loathing of
Python is my current stumbling block in trying to add more debugging
output to that script.

(How anyone who grew up using vi's % could like a language with no
matched pairs is beyond me.)

Elijah

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: