Sunday, August 26, 2018

Re: editing textareas in Firefox with vim

On 08/26/2018 02:02 AM, John Little wrote:
> On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 11:25:19 PM UTC+12, Michael Henry wrote:
>> I've been using "textern" for this...
>
> Fantastic, I didn't know about this option. I'm typing this
> in gvim using the add-on.
>
>> ...
>> - Press Ctrl-Shift-E to bring up editor.
>
> It defaulted to Ctrl-Shift-D.

Thanks for pointing this out; my instructions were missing one
step, so I've updated my notes accordingly::

- Set Shortcut to ``Ctrl+Shift+E``.

I should probably have left that out of my email, since it's
just a personal preference.  I'd gotten used to Ctrl-Shift-E
from a previous plugin, so I change the shortcut for
convenience.  It also better matches the ``Ctrl-E`` shortcut
used by the "External Editor" Thunderbird plugin I use for
composing emails using Vim, making it easier for me to remember.

Michael Henry

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: